Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clarifications

Apologies for the delay in posting. I hope to improve my punctuality :)

Now onto the post...I've had a couple of complaints that my first post needs some explanation and I agree. This isn't a pity blog. No one should feel sorry that I don't have my old job, I live at home, and I have no car. Amazingly, these were all choices I made. So a quick explanation:

1. No job--I quit my job. I don't have regrets over this one. I was moving to California and wasn't necessarily in love with the job anyway. Without quitting that one, I wouldn't have the freedom with the work I do now.
2. Living at home--After moving back to California, I quickly realized it was going to be a temporary stay. I figured it best not to commit to a lease or monthly rent and live at home instead. On top of the money saved, an added bonus has turned out to be the time I'm spending with my family. I haven't lived at home in years and (hopefully) won't ever do it again, so I'm enjoying it while I can. There's something very comforting about being at "home" so, again, no regrets.
3. No car--I have something even better than a car, a 2010 Lance Venice 150cc candy red scooter! California is definitely a place you need a car, but there are plenty of cities where you don't. In case I end up in one of those, I don't want to be tied down to a vehicle and its costs. And if any of you out there own a scooter, I know you feel me when I say...definitely no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment